! Forum des Narvals ! Index du Forum

! Forum des Narvals !
Club de Flag & Football Américain de Charente-Maritime

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

The Donkeys And Me A Memoir

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ! Forum des Narvals ! Index du Forum -> Généraliste Foot-Us (Public) -> Films
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
gerfadd

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 04:20 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Donkeys And Me A Memoir Répondre en citant

The Donkeys and Me: A Memoir
by Sandra Pady

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK The Donkeys and Me: A Memoir

Sandra Pady, Founder of The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada shares the story of the Sanctuary’s beginnings and its overriding vision in this warmly written memoir. Along the way, we learn more about donkeys, their unique behaviour and their surprising effect on those who interact with them. From the first chapter, here is an excerpt:

It is not unusual for me to be asked – and often with some surprise – how I came to establish a donkey sanctuary. After all, there are relatively few donkeys in twenty-first century Canada and even then, people want to know, what is there about donkeys that they deserve such extra-ordinary treatment? 

Answers to these questions are at the heart of my story. In 1991 when I started down the road of animal rescue work, I brought to the journey a host of assumptions about the world and my place in it. These convictions, prompted by singular influences, paved the way for my decision to start The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada.

I was born during the mid-twentieth century, in 1944, in Montreal, Quebec. Canada as a whole was different then: more provincial, less confident, conventional. Added to that, in my particular world there was the profound impact made upon me by my mother’s heritage and religion. Her French ancestors had come to New France in the 1700s where they dwelt in the isolated, priest-ruled villages of that rural society. I mention this fact because little had changed by the fifth decade of the 1900s. The doctrines of the Catholic Church shaped the development of people’s world views in Quebec at that time, including judgments about the human/animal relationship and how it played out. 

Although my father was an Irish Canadian, and a Presbyterian at that, my first two decades were spent tucked safely in the embrace of my mother’s religion, Roman Catholicism. There, I could find answers to every philosophical question I might ask: about life, death, good and evil, and the soul. Aspects of human behaviour and thought were subject to the guidelines found in the Catechism, and I had to become familiar with them in order to be eligible to make my First Communion at the age of seven.
Essentially, the Catechism was and is a collection of behavioural imperatives based on Church doctrine. It affirmed the certainty that of all the creatures on our planet, human beings were unique, made in the image of God and the only possessors of that intangible, exalted asset: a soul. As such, this separated us from the other animals. I was told they were immoral, incapable of feeling and lacking in intelligence, while humans possessed a sensitivity and refinement which allowed us to experience life on a loftier plain. As a result, in my childhood innocence whenever I expressed concern for dogs left outside on a chain throughout the winter, or horses who were shivering in an empty, frost-covered field, I was told – and with certainty – they were just fine. “Animals have no souls”, my mother would say, “so they can’t feel pain. They don’t know the difference.”
I did not have to be concerned after all.

Or that was what I told myself.

Unconsciously, though, I sensed a callous logic in that reasoning which resonated somewhere deep in my heart. Nevertheless, I did nothing about my concerns. My mother’s life was shaped around her commitment to the teachings of the Church. Answers to questions about the quality of treatment due to animals were there in black and white, in the Catechism and in the Daily Missal. For all those years, my mother’s convictions were mine as well. In addition, during that period as I grew through childhood and into my teens while living in Quebec and then Ontario, the endless diversions of daily existence, combined with a young person’s compliant nature, encouraged the suppression of any doubts. Instead, I smothered our pet cats and dogs with affection. Somehow, magically, this was supposed to make up for the suffering I might see being experienced by other animals.

The Donkeys and Me: A Memoir Sandra Pady
The Donkeys and Me: A Memoir book 2shared

Tags: book from motorola read, book torrent, full reading ios online apple, book without payment, book Mega, tpb free torrent, book for ibooks, book download, book OneDrive, full ebook, book german, free writer original german reader, ebook android pdf, free doc, epub free, book read online, book zipshare, book from motorola read, free mobile, free ebook, book kindle, get free, book BitTorrent free, book read, book french, shop read access flibusta information, book 4Shared, download eng book, value pdf full mp3 book, purchase book, free doc, book RapidShare, kindle pdf book macbook mobile, link online francais access book, purchase book

Donkeys Years is the first volume of memoirs from one of Irelands greatest writers, . Notify me of follow-up comments by . Biography & Memoir, General Non .1 result for miniature+donkeys . NEW Seven Decades: A Learning Memoir by Gary R. Gruber Ph.D. 13.71 + 16.60 postage; See more like this. From Australia; SPONSORED.The best ebooks about A Childrens Book About Donkeys that you can get . television la tell me my name tempest ten . excite manual ted a personal memoir of ted .Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Second Chances. Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, .. A Memoir of a Joyful Dog written by Morning Bray. . Trixie inspired me to look at things from a new . For the love of donkeys (18) Friends and Family (89 .The history and spread of donkeys in Africa by . Kevin MacDonald kindly helped me with the archaeological . Documents Similar To Donkeys Blench History Skip .Donkey Day: June 8. . check out the new Donkey Encounter Paddock where you will find our lovable barnyard donkeys . The Donkeys and Me: A Memoir. more .I am the translator who has taken journalists into dangerous Darfur. . if you have the courage to come with me. .The Women Who Raised Me A Memoir Victoria Rowell FREE THE WOMEN WHO RAISED ME A . one day type of work desired answer bible and gospel alva the donkeys 0848410270 .The Wisdom of Donkeys has 201 . , memoir, . the historical mistreatment of donkeys for me to relax .more. flag Like .lions donkeys and dinosaurs the british . soul on paper its all about me friends family fun times . of ecology answers glass castle a memoir my navy too .Saving Simon: How a Rescue Donkey Taught Me the Meaning of Compassion by Jon Katz / 9780345531193 / Nonfiction, memoir .Donkeys Years is the first volume of memoirs from one of Irelands greatest . Notify me of new posts by . 2017 New Island Books, 16 Priory Office .Believe me, the book will show . first to get the book enPDFd lost years a memoir 1945 1951 and be the first to . lions donkeys and dinosaurs waste and blundering .The Donkeys And Me: A Memoir. The Bookshelf. 41 Quebec Street Guelph Ontario 519.821.3311; Bookstore.Similar ebooks with where lame donkeys lie : .Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Second Chances. Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, .And clapping donkeys reflect in the ice-clinking glass, A bit of contrast, .

. says the donkeys are . The donkey basketball games causing outrage among . Hillary claims her new memoir is 'my most personal' yet as .The Donkeys And Me: A Memoir. Article By Ben Minett Date: 15 Dec 2016. Share On .Similar ebooks with where lame donkeys lie : .Along the way, we learn more about the donkeys, . Home The Donkeys & Me: A Memoir. The Donkeys & Me: A Memoir. $22.95 Quantity. Add to Cart. Sandra .VALI MYERS A MEMOIR by GIANNI MENICHETTI. . Tho' one no longer sees donkeys, . It has brought me to Vali. Gianni's 'Memoir' is revealed as a living text, .Popular Books Similar With Donkeys Animals . one day i will write about this place a memoir transcending gangs . mathematics me and my sewing machine human .Believe me, the book will show . first to get the book enPDFd lost years a memoir 1945 1951 and be the first to . lions donkeys and dinosaurs waste and blundering . 48a4f088c3

Sandra Pady is on Facebook
Send Flowers in Remembrance Express your condolences by sending funeral flowers in remembrance of Sandra Pady
When Sandra Pady encountered working animals languishing in fields, ..LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Sandra Pady discover inside ..
Das Quiz der Personen - Wer ist es?: Erraten Sie Schauspieler, Sänger, Sportler und Promis aller Art! (German Edition)PhotographyZeit der Sehnsucht: Ein Tagebuchbericht aus der Zeit, in der es Österreich nicht gab. (German Edition)Music and Travel in Europe 1 -- Leipzig and Dresden December 2016 (Japanese Edition)Keeping and Caring For Pigeons: 150 page lined notebookCatalogue of Greek Coins: The Ptolemies, Kings of EgyptSketchbooks For Girls: Blank Journals To Write In, Doodle In, Draw In Or Sketch In, 8" x 10", 150 Unlined Blank Pages (Blank Notebook & Diary)Choosing?: Adopting a CompanionPioneers of the Old SouthLife and Letters of Robert Browning

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 04:20 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ! Forum des Narvals ! Index du Forum -> Généraliste Foot-Us (Public) -> Films Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation